Residence permit (RP): a document evidencing a foreign national’s right to permanent residency in Russia.
As defined in the Federal Law of 25 July 2002, No 115-FZ, “On the legal status of foreign nationals in the Russian Federation”, “Russian residence permit: a document issued to a foreign national or stateless person as evidence of his right to permanent residency in the Russian Federation, as well as the right to exit and enter the Russian Federation”.An RF residence permit can also serve as an ID where issued to a stateless person.
- Lead time and arrangements: there are different ways to obtain this status and each situation requires an in-depth analysis. Below is an overview of the RF RP paperwork and arrangements. In order to obtain a residence permit in Russia, the foreign national needs to file a residence permit application with a local office of Directorate for Migration Affairs (DMA) of the MIA of Russia not later than six months before the end of the term of his temporary residence permit (TRP). The application shall be in duplicate on the prescribed form. Having received a notice of endorsement of his application, the foreigner is required to collect his residence permit in person. The lead time on an RP application under the rules of the MIA of Russia is up to 6 months.
All aliens with statutory permanent resident status in the RF must annually (as of receipt of RP in Russia) file in person a notice of their continued residence in the Russian Federation. The notice must be filed by the foreign national complete with a certificate of income, taxpayer registration certificate, copies of his tax return or other document evidencing the amount and source of income for the year since the receipt of RP, as well as his ID document. The notices shall be filed with his local office of the MIA of Russia.
A failure in the duty of filing notice of continued residency shall be punishable by administrative sanctions:
The foreign national shall be held administratively liable for residency irregularities under article 18.8 of the Code of Administrative Offences of the Russian Federation.
A residence permit can be cancelled under clause 8, article 9 of the Federal Law on the Legal Status of Foreign Nationals in the Russian Federation.
A residence permit can be cancelled where the foreign national fails to work one hundred and eighty days in the year from the date of issue of his temporary residence permit as statutorily prescribed in the Russian Federation and has no income or funds sufficient to support himself and his dependents at or above the subsistence level.
- Deliverable: Residence permit
- List of required documents: For details of the paperwork required for this service, visit the website of the MDMA of the MIA of Russia or send us an enquiry.
- Sample documents: For sample documents required for this service, visit the website of the MDMA of the MIA of Russia or send us an enquiry.
You can review the laws and regulations in place yourself or phone the OTK Group at +7(495)722-44-
- Still in doubt? Contact us for advice through our Online Consultant service.