Temporary residence permit
RF Temporary Residence Permit (TRP): proof of the right of a foreign national or stateless person to stay in the Russian Federation pending a residence permit. TRP in Russia is a stamp in the ID of a foreign national or stateless person, valid for three years, within the quota set by the Government of the Russian Federation. The temporary residence quotas for foreign nationals and stateless persons are set annually by the RF government. In certain circumstances, a TRP can be issued above the quota.
A foreign national’s temporary residence permit for Russia contains the following personal details:
1) last name and first name (in Cyrillic and Roman characters);
2) date and place of birth;
The temporary residence permit will feature the number and date of issue authorization, term, as well as the name of the issuing agency.
- Terms and procedure: A foreign national files an application for a temporary residence permit with a local office of the federal migration agency. Once in receipt of TRP applications from foreign nationals, the local offices make appropriate enquiries with the security authorities, bailiff service, tax authorities, social security authorities, public health authorities, migration service authorities and other stakeholders. The authorities issue a finding of obstacles or no obstacles to an RF temporary residence permit within two months of receiving the enquiry. To obtain a TRP above the quota you need to file additional documents evidencing grounds for streamlined issue of TRP (certificate of marriage to an RF citizen, certificate of birth of a child entitled to RF citizenship etc.) If denied a TRP, the foreign national may not refile his application for a temporary residence permit for Russia earlier than one year after the denial. The statutory lead time for a temporary residence permit is up to 6 months.
- The final result of the procedure: Temporary residence permit
- List of required documents: For details of the paperwork required for this service, visit the website of the Russian Interior Ministry Migration Service or send us an enquiry.
- Sample documents: For sample documents required for this service,
visit the website of the Russian Interior Ministry Migration Service or send us an enquiry
You can also look yourself at the current laws and regulations, or call specialists from the OTK Group of Companies +7 (495) 722-44-24. Still have questions? Please contact us for advice through our service – “Online – consultant”.