Virtually all categories of foreign employers are subject to migration registration.
Migration registration of foreign citizens and persons without citizenship in the Russian Federation is a way to regulate migration processes and done for notification purposes. In most cases the notification of arrival to the place of stay must be submitted to the Ministry of Internal Affairs by the рщые party no later than 7 working days from the date of crossing the border of the Russian Federation (109-FZ art. 20, para.3 (2)). But this is a general rule, because for each category of foreigners there are different terms.
Registration terms upon the entry into the Russian Federation:
- within 1 day for those who stay at a hotel. The hotel is responsible for registration
- within 30 days for citizens of the member states of the EEU Treaty
- within 90 days for highly qualified specialist and their families
- citizens of Belarus, Tajikistan and Ukraine are subject to different terms due to intergovernmental agreements.
To register an alien, it a foreigner is necessary to fill out the A3 form on both sides. The information should contain the data of both the recipient and foreigner, as well as information from the migration card about crossing the Russian border. It is also required to collect copies and original documents and, if necessary, to certify them with the company’s seal. To verify and enter the data (including mailed items) into the database, contact the appropriate Migration department, and in some cases it can be done at the post office. The form has a detachable part, kept by a foreigner and confirms their obligation to apply for migration registration. Please be advised that not submitting or entering the data into the police database incorrectly can lead to undesirable consequences, namely:
- it will not be possible to obtain other migration documents (patent, work permit, notification of signing the employment contract)
- a penalty may be imposed on the host party or foreign citizen
- the bank may refuse to offer services
- the notary will not be able to confirm the data and certify necessary copies
- it can lead to refusals to get services from other government bodies (traffic police, customs)
That’s why we do not recommend sending the migration registration form by mail, but file it in person at the police station to be sure that everything is done correctly. Unfortunately, some branches experience long queues and database issues, but this option is nonetheless more preferable. OTK Group experts are always on standby and ready to assist you with registering foreign citizens.
How the detached part of the migration registration form looks like[object Object]